Perspiration Pals 2 November 2023

Hello Pals! As usual after a 2-day holiday, I haven’t been able to stop working for long enough to start the thread… It’s already 1:45 p.m. here and I still don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I slept maybe about 5 and half hours so I’m not exactly bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

I started the day with an upper-body routine with Daniel. I’ve already done this routine a couple of times so it wasn’t unexpected. Funnily enough, I didn’t feel as tired early in the morning as I do now.

I haven’t had time to prepare with a brilliant new fact so I’ll continue with what I’ve read in the book. So did you know that there is a little creature called coffee berry borer that’s sole purpose in life is to eat coffee beans. You’d think the amount of caffeine it consumes would kill it but it’s not the case. Why? because there’s a bacterium call Pseudomonas fulva which resides in the gut of the coffee berry borer and the bacteria’s sole purpose in life is to break down caffeine. Ingenious, isn’t it? Do you like coffee? Are you coffee guzzlers? Some people can drink quite a lot without any serious consequences while others, like yours truly, start trembling like a scared hamster if they have more than one cup.

All right, Pals, I need to go back to work now, have a lovely day!