HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 29th

Hello beautiful Blenders,

I know it is self-care Sunday and I'm talking about work. But stay with me there is a little twist.

Ok after my position was advertised this week, people around me started to tell me that I have to apply because I'm good at what I'm doing and it's a lot of money and for that money I can accept being in an unpleasant environment, because I will never get such flexible working conditions again. I really tried to get my head around it and was accepting that I have to apply again but it really made my head explode, I couldn't sleep and I was mentally and emotionally completely overwhelmed. And then happened Friday and since then all is good. I had an online meeting where I had to update project partners about the progress of my work and normally it's only me who takes part in those calls and not my colleague because he just doesn't know anything. For some reason he turned up at this call. I have no idea why, he didn't talk to me before to be updated or anything. Maybe he wanted to control me or play Mister important again. Anyway I saw him on the call and I literally threw him under the bus. I made an excuse and left the call and my colleague was so angry, I got very unpleasant messages from him, because it was now his responsibility to update the project partners and he couldn't. The moment I left the meeting I realized that being in a toxic environment where I start trying to stab my colleague in the back is not a place I want to be, because that's just not me. It was clear for me that no matter how much money they are going to pay me, I won't apply again under these conditions. And now I'm at peace again. I started to change my work email address I used for many accounts to my private email address and so on. I have only November and December left, than I will take my remaining annual leave in January and I'm out😅

But now over to you. What have you planned for today. What will your self-care look like? I will be doing some kind of exercises and in the evening a group of ladies will go out. If I'm not too tired at 10pm to go downtown, I will join.

Wishing you all that your day just sparkles ✨

Edited