Perspiration Pals 25 October 2023

Hello Pals! I’ll be quick today because I have a lot to do at work. Not that I don’t usually have a lot to do but task have found as fast as a lone fly finds the window you’ve just opened a tiny bit. Anyway, I started the 3rd week of FB Complete on Monday and since I didn’t have to go to work I thought what better way to start the day and the week than do a 1000-cal routine. Am I right or am I right?

Truth be told I didn’t come with the idea on my own but there was a 1000-cal routine scheduled for the day which I promptly swapped for the very first 1000-cal routine I did 6 years ago. I clearly remember how I felt while doing it for the first time and I must say, even if it sounds like bragging, that not only have I been able to maintain my fitness level but I have actually been able to improve it. I do know that I’m lucky, though. I have had some injuries over the years but nothing major and/or permanent and I don’t easily get sick either. *knocks wood because there are quite a few sick colleagues at work… So without meaning to belittle my achievements I know that I’m lucky. Now it’s your turn to be proud of and tell me about your achievements. Even if you aren’t as lucky as me. Or especially if you aren’t as lucky as me.

Let’s move on to our (random) fact finder fragment. Did you know that the length of your arms stretched out is about equal to your height? I didn’t and I haven’t checked if it’s true, to be honest. Also, did you know that report found that the free weights at the gym have 362 times more bacteria than a toilet seat? 362 times. Not 355 or 230 times. I mean if I was a bacterium I’d definitely prefer being lifted up and down on a dumbbell than…. well… you know. And finally, a personal favourite of mine, did you know that in the late Middle Ages, books were so valuable that libraries would chain them to the bookcase. This was widely practiced until the 18th century. Book thieves had to be walking around with bolt cutters. When were bolt cutters invented though…? Homework, dear Pals, when were bolt cutters invented?

All right, even though I said I had to be quick I managed to write a short story… but now I really have to go so have an easy day and eat your veggies.

PS, one of my colleagues carved this pumpkin for a competition at her daughter’s school.