Weekend Check-in: October 22nd

Mornin' everyone! Or afternoon/evening, depending on where you are in the world!

How are you today? Got anything going on? Or do you like to lounge around before Monday comes barging through the door? We've got church, and this afternoon we are going to a symphonic band concert. One of my boys' friends composed a musical piece, and the band is performing it, so we are going to go cheer him on.

What about workouts? Yay or nay? No workout here, although I may go for a short walk at some point. I feel like I sit a lot on Sundays, and I crave a bit of movement.

Food? Definitely a yay! I am not one of those people who forgets to eat (how does that happen????). I have so many little bits of frozen leftovers that my freezer is getting difficult to close; I'm thinking a "clean out the freezer meal" is in order! And chocolate chip cookies for my guys, and a vegan mug cake for me for our Sunday night dessert.

And now to today's question! Feel free to skip, I just like to learn stuff about people. You all saw Karen's gorgeous quilts yesterday, and we know Inge is the Crochet Queen. What hobby/interest/activity do you currently practice, and how did you get started with it? What about it made you love it and want to pursue it?

For me, it really is cooking and baking. Yes, I have a family to feed, but it is often a creative outlet. It started when my husband was in Iraq in 2002, shortly after we were married, and I had a subscription to a cooking magazine. There were so many types of food I had never heard of, and some of the recipes were complicated. I had no one to feed but myself, and rather than mope around the apartment, I started to experiment with recipes, and found that I could actually cook! From then on, I was hooked, and it was a way to relieve stress.

That really IS enough outta me. My goodness, I'm not this chatty in real life! Thanks for checking in with me, and I look forward to reading you all!

Hugs to Raven.

****All are welcome to check in here, or just pop in to say hi!