Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FREE Workout! 2 Week Challenge Day 12: Core Strength with Extended Mobility Cooldown

Hey Fitness Blenders! It’s Nicole and I’ve got a blend of core work and stretching for your next active recovery or add-on workout! 

Day 12: Core Strength with Extended Mobility Cooldown

If you're following along with our free challenge, this workout marks the 12th and final day! Just seeing this? Be sure to add the challenge to your calendar.

This routine is for those of you (ahem, and me) who feel that independent core strength can be boring and monotonous. If that’s you, keep reading!

I kept this routine as engaging as possible, with no repeat exercises. For a fun challenge to overload the muscles, each of our 3 core circuits has a unique muscle group focus — abdominals, obliques, and low back/glutes. It’s essential to balance out our core work to be fully functional in our body. Each core circuit is 5 minutes long with intervals of 50 sec on / 10 sec off. At the end, we cool things down with a lengthy (~8 minute) mobility and stretch series. This is sure to leave your core and whole body feeling refreshed and tension free. A well-deserved treat!

I filmed this following a gentle 1-mile jog and it was the absolute perfect combo for me on a day where I didn’t have a ton of energy (thank you, baby sleep). This could also serve as a great solo recovery day, an add-on to cardio or strength, or as an extended cool-down. I hope you enjoy!

If you've followed along with the challenge, congrats on making it to DAY 12! I am celebrating YOU! 

Make sure to tell us what you thought of this challenge in the comments below!

— Nicole