Perspiration Pals 18 October 2023

Hello there, Pals! How are you today? It’s a bright sunshiny but really chilly day here. By chilly I mean I could’ve easily worn my winter coat. And I’m the hot-blooded, ‘I hate summer’ type… Anyway, I woke up before my alarm which is highly unusual so I could gaze at the starts a bit longer than I normally do. (that’s how I start the day: star-gazing + workout)

I worked out with Erica because I’m a masochist. I know that because I worked out with Erica on Monday and my glutei maximi (is that the plural of gluteus maximus? I’ve never thought I’d need Latin to talk about my backside) are really sore but I still thought it would be a good idea to do another routine that would make other muscle groups join the ‘ouch’ club. I’m doing FB Complete again, by the way. Do I have any workout buddies?

Moving on to our usual fact finder fragment, I’d like to ask you if you knew that a study from Harvard University finds that having no friends can be just as deadly as smoking? Both affect levels of a blood-clotting protein. I wonder how they managed to study that, though. I mean did they find a group of people who were ready to admit that they have no friends…? A completely unrelated fact but did you know that bubble wrap was originally invented to be wallpaper? The creators tried to make plastic wallpaper with a paper backing, but it came out with plastic backing. Imagine doing wall sits against bubble wrap… I’d love it.

All right, Pals, I need to get back to work now. Have an easy day and don’t forget to do at least one thing that makes you smile.