Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Level 5 Kickboxing HIIT and Strength

Good morning FB Family!

We’ve got a heart-pumping, sweat-fueled level 5 workout release today:

Kickboxing HIIT and Total Body Strength

You’ll punch, kick, and lift your way through three kickboxing HIIT (high intensity interval training) circuits, three strength circuits (lower body, upper body, and total body), and three one-minute-long devil’s press intermissions. This is a long and challenging workout that will test your endurance and strength! Your goal is to drive your heartrate up during the HIIT circuits and then manage this elevated heartrate during the strength circuits that follow, lifting weights that are moderately heavy for you (and particularly for this specific workout format).

Despite the level 5 rating, the combos and strength exercises are straightforward so that you can make the most of each working interval and modify the moves as needed. The most complex move is the devil’s press, for which there are several other alternatives if you aren’t a fan of this fun total body exercise that leaves you winded (or maybe that’s just me).

As usual, the soreness from punching and kicking steadily crept up on me throughout the day after filming this workout (and the day after). I definitely don’t teach kickboxing nearly as much as I used to and my muscles make sure to tell me about it every single time I film a kickboxing workout for you all, haha. I guess I need to film more kickboxing routines?

I hope you enjoy this fun combination of kickboxing and strength! Don’t forget to bring a towel to mop up your sweat during the water breaks. This time around I didn’t forget my towel so I only almost fell about one and a half times.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha