Daily Check-in: Tuesday, October 17th

Blenderz, I don't have words today. I'm not okay. Not one bit.

My dog Curium became the victim of a hit and run. He was struck by a vehicle yesterday afternoon. He did not make it.

I'm sorry to make a bombshell announcement like this and ruin everything. Again. My brain is scrambled. Nothing makes sense. I feel like I'm dying inside.

I don't know what or how to say things like this. To think I had such positive thoughts yesterday feels so stupid now. Like life played one big cruel joke on me.

My dogs are my world and I am Beyond Devasted. There are not enough tears. I ran out.

I feel horrible having to write this and deliver such tragedy. It all feels too familiar. The nightmare I can't escape. I'm angry. I'm sickened. I'm sad. I'm numb. I hate this. I'm really not okay.

But you all are part of my life and his. So I needed to let you know.

I think I'm going to try and be here if you guys don't mind. I don't think (know?) if a break is the best thing for me. I feel like isolating would make things worse, but also don't want to be this dark cloud that's ruining the check-in.

I guess I really don't know anything anymore right now. My heart is broken.

I'm sorry.

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***