Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight Upper Body Burnout

Hi FB members!

I've got a fun finisher or add-on workout for your upper body: Bodyweight Upper Body Burnout

Tag this one onto the end of your next cardio, lower body, or upper body (if you're feeling brave) workout to build endurance in your upper body. In this 12-minute workout, we forego traditional dumbbell exercises and make it even more functional by harnessing your bodyweight only. In other words, you'll be using your core muscles a lot more than you would with dumbbell exercises!

As we work through the two 6-minute circuits, be prepared for lots of movements in the push-up and plank position. This, along with the short rest periods, is why this routine has a level 4 rating. I do offer modifications to bring this down to a level 3 so don't let the rating deter you! 

I filmed this routine following a short, 1-mile run and it was a great combo! My arms felt like complete jello after just 12 minutes. Since this routine does not include a warmup, I recommend coming to this workout warmed up and ready to go (see recommended warmups in the write-up!).

Do you utilize shorter workouts like this as finishers/add-ons? What other short workouts would you benefit from?

Let's get moving!

Nicole