Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Strictly Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release is a straightforward upper body strength routine:

Upper Body Strictly Strength Circuits

You will complete two circuits focused on single-component exercises before moving on to the third and final circuit that combines the exercises from the preceding circuits. The workout is rated a level 4 because of the inclusion of a couple prone position exercises during which you balance your plank on weights (renegade rows, push-ups) and because the intent is for you to push your weight selections for each exercise. Nonetheless, the exercises and formatting are simple (not necessarily easy!) so the routine is easily adaptable to your current training needs and goals to decrease the perceived effort to that of a level 3.

Under 30-minute routines such as this one are great for me when I’m a bit more focused on upping my running mileage and/or increasing the intensity of my training runs. I’m a hybrid athlete so I’m always simultaneously focused on improving my running and strength (among other goals, haha) but the emphasis on these varied components of my training regimen requires a continuously changing balancing act of training variables (frequency, intensity, etc.). Sometimes I need an uncomplicated, short duration approach to lifting!

Hopefully, this workout fits well into your training schedule, too! What are some of your reasons for preferring shorter workouts?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha