HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 13th

Happy Friday the 13th to all my witches, wizards and all other magical creatures gathered here today. I do hope no sorcerers are in our midst or it might get interesting.

Will I ever use quotes not by Terry Pratchett? Maybe, but not today. I went with something silly because I need to lighten my mood a bit. Mostly, i think people here agree that cats are nice and if anyone wants to share pics of their furry friends I wouldn't be opposed to that.

We had my grandfather's funeral on Wednesday. I am always shocked on these occasions at the sheer size of my extended family. Both grandma and grandpa were one of 7 siblings and everyone seems to have had an average of 4 children who now have children of their own. So many second cousins I never met before and probably never will again!

Besides the obvious sadness, I've been feeling unusually heavy hearted, compared to when my other grandparents passed. I think it's because I'm dealing with the shock of not being anyone's grandchild anymore. It's like my last tether to childhood has been severed and now I have to deal with the reality of being a full blown adult. I've been working and supporting myself for the past 10 years so it's a strange feeling to have, when you're already in your 30s.

Part of being an adult is offering support to my aunt, who was taking care of grandpa and who is now back to living alone as she doesn't have a partner or children. So this is how I ended up going to a church barbecue tomorrow, to get her out of the house. I haven't considered myself a Christian in nearly 20 years and interacting with churchy groups is always a bit surreal. To be clear, I have nothing against anyone's faith it's just that I'm too type A to leave it to God, you know?

Anyway, I'm taking some friends out for beers this evening so I can feel a bit more myself. I am also back to working out as of yesterday. Dropping a 2kg disc on my foot made for a great return to fitness. I hope grandpa wasn't listening to me swear, that would have been a shock.

So much rambling, I must stop. Tell me about your plans for the weekend, fun or otherwise. Fitness, food, family, life, I am ready to be distracted. Have a great day!

Edited