Perspiration Pals 11 October 2023

Hello Pals! How are you today? This morning’s commute was terrible as usual and I got in the office only to find one colleague here so I solemnly swear that I’m done doing this to myself. I’m not going to hyperventilate on a crowded bus with sweat running down my spine only to be here maybe 15 minutes earlier. And if anyone says anything, I’ll give them my brain and take their car key. There, my friend, you can live my life, I’ll get into your rolling armchair to sit comfortably in the traffic jam staring at the handsome cop directing traffic because the local government is unable to get the job done and finish the roadworks that have been going on for about 5 months now.

All right, grumpy, sweaty me is done, now let’s crack on with the show. I started doing FB Complete again and today I did a four-flame lower-body routine (using weights and my band!) with Erica so I’m almost sure that my backside will start complaining in a couple of hours. What about you? Lower or upper body? Or maybe a nice well-earned rest day?

Moving on to our fact finder fragment, I thought I’d give you some really random facts today. Did you know that “time anxiety” occurs in a person when they are perpetually afraid of being late or of others being late? Do you have time anxiety? I do… Did you know that sunflowers can help clean radioactive soil? Japan is using this to rehabilitate Fukushima. Almost 10,000 packets of sunflower seeds have been sold to the people of the city. Also, did you know that cucumbers can actually cure bad breath? A slice pressed to the roof of your mouth for 30 seconds with your tongue allows the phytochemicals to kill the problematic bacteria. Whether these facts are true or not, I don’t know but they are certainly quite interesting. Except the first one maybe.

All right, Pals, I must go now and have another cup of coffee before my head lands on my keyboard. Have an easy day!