HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group October 9th πŸπŸ¦ƒ

Good Monday, Blendfriends, and Happy Thanksgiving to those in Canada. I always find it interesting the different days people get as holidays around the world, this is one of ours. I was a bit amused last week seeing the notion of a "Canadian Black Friday" sale, what with our Thanksgiving being on a Monday and nowhere near to Christmas, but I guess there's no harm adding a bit of (pumpkin) spice to a fall sales event. At any rate, it's a good thing today's a holiday, because I woke up tired and let myself sleep in. I'm still a little sore from yesterday's upper-body workout, but I'm so happy to be making progress on Flex, and I love the days it gives me to fill in with lower-body workouts to my taste. It's really the sweet spot between wanting a program that's all planned out for me, and having the freedom to try new things. And in the spirit of trying new things, here is a quote from T. Thorn Coyle: β€œPractice is called practice because it is not meant to be perfect.” What will your fitness practice include today?

Myself, I haven't decided yet. It's not raining just yet, maybe we'll get a nice day for a walk outside, or for harvesting part of my garden. Or maybe it's already time to plant my garlic. If I'm indoors, I think it will be Pilates. I'm also undecided about food. I know I have to bake bread today, but do I make pesto too, or let it wait another week? And why is it that I love quiche, but detest making pie crust? (On the Kayla detest scale, it's about a four, not so bad). Have you made any fabulous food? Canadians, are you doing the whole traditional Thanksgiving spread today? For Thanksgiving, I usually make a pumpkin pie; the rest of the menu is extremely variable.

Wishing you all positive energy and a perfect practice.