Perspiration Pals 5 October 2023

Hello Pals! I couldn’t catch up with you as I planned to but at least I’m here to start the thread. I’m almost cold which is such a strange and incredible feeling after all that sticky suffering throughout the summer. I could get up and dance. Which would make me sweat so I won’t. Plus, I’m in the office and people would think I’ve gone slightly mad.

Anyway, I started the new and cool day with a Brian upper-body routine which tortured my biceps (and other muscles but my biceps will definitely be sore) and made me really hungry. I did have breakfast but I’m still hungry. And lunch… it’s in the far, far future. By the way, what’s your favourite upper-body exercise? I like chest presses. They make me feel strong.

Speaking of strength, did you know that women’s muscles recover much faster than men’s after weightlifting? That’s because we replenish our Adenosine Triphosphate levels faster than men do. Good to know! Although the last time I did a five-flame lower-body routine with Tasha I thought my legs would never recover from the shock… Also, did you know (you probably did) that mental focus is as important as the actual weight lifting? The more focused you are during your weight training, the more muscle fibres you use. Hopefully, I would add.

All right, Pals, focus, use your muscle fibres and replenish your ATP. Laugh if you can because it also helps you exercise your abs.