Posted in: FB Team / Announcements

I'm now a Certified Barre Instructor!

Hey everyone! I’m checking in with some exciting news! For the past few months I’ve been working behind the scenes to become certified as a Barre instructor and today it became official 🎉 The interest I have in this form of movement stems from my roots as a gymnast and the technicality and small dance influence that comes along with it. You also may have guessed that I’m interested in bringing more of this content to Fitness Blender from some of the barre-inspired workouts I’ve already shared. I’ve noticed popular feedback on them too, so I knew that getting certified would allow me to bring a wider variety of workouts with greater depth and knowledge to you all.

There will be plenty more barre knowledge and content to come in the future, but I thought I’d share some highlights on this movement practice:

-It’s rooted in ballet postures and movements and comes with its own terminology

-Lengthens muscles, improves balance, muscular strength & endurance, posture, and body awareness

-There’s a great focus on hip strength and mobility 

-It requires and nurtures extra attention to form, detail, and smaller stabilizer muscle groups

-Maximizes muscle usage in the smallest range of motion possible

I’m so excited about this you guys! Where are my fellow barre enthusiasts? Who’s not very familiar yet but is excited to learn more? Does anyone have any pressing thoughts or comments on what you hope Barre looks like here at FB?

Those are all the thoughts and questions I have for now, more than anything, I just wanted to pop in and share! Keep up the great work you’re doing out there on your health and fitness 🙌

P.S. - On the barre-style workouts I’ve already shared, I’ve collected workout requests that you have already left on those workouts. Get excited!

xxErica