Perspiration Pals 4 October 2023

Hello Pals! How are you today? It’s still sunny and quite warm I can practically wear a tank top and shorts combo at home just like in summer only it gets dark at around 7 p.m. It’s strange. (not the ‘it gets dark sooner’ part but the weather)

After admiring the starry sky for about 30 seconds this morning I did Day 3 of FB Strong free 5-day challenge which is what I scheduled after Brian’s 5-day challenge. It was a functional core routine with Kayla and I’m really not good at following compound movements early in the morning. Or ever. So I couldn’t really push myself and it bothered me but there’s not much I can do about it now so let’s move on to our fact finder fragment.

Today I’m going to tell you about some medical practices that did more harm than good. For example, did you know that from the 16th all the way up to the 20th century, mercury was welcomed as a healing drug and regularly prescribed by doctors and consumed by ill people. Because of its ‘purging capabilities’, doctors believed that it could cure everything from constipation to parasites, the flu, and even melancholy.

Also, did you know that radium, another dangerous element, was commonly mixed with water sold as an over-the-counter “energy” drink in the early 20th century? It claimed to not only improve energy, but could also aid in digestion, increase vitality, and cure impotence in men. (although I know it’s not the expression we use nowadays) OK….

All right, Pals, I must go now but hopefully I’ll be able to catch up with you later on. Have an easy day, eat a bit of dark chocolate and don’t work too hard.