Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

FAQ For FB Trainers

Before I begin, I preface my original post was intended for my personal questions to the FB trainers for members/followers who workout with FB regularly, yet also may go to a gym, rock climb, hike, run, etc., then I thought, would it be okay to suggest an open forum to have members ask questions to the trainers which may not be specific to a FB workout or program? Or another type of membership? I went back to Gold’s Gym in July, yet there have been situations when I would have liked to ask questions either before going to the gym or after.

For example, today I was at Golds for LB. Spent about 5 minutes figuring out the Pit Shark (had watched YouTube’s and directly on a website which manufactures one of the machines). I did accomplish 3 sets of 12 at 90 lbs, although the belt was digging into my upper thighs, hence another question swirling in my head for FB. Is the belt too high, too low, etc? Where should I position the belt based on my height? Knowing it’s not FB’s responsibility, it would have been awesome to ask the question other than someone else at the gym who may or may not know form, etc.

Afterwards, I headed to the smith machine for sumo squats and reverse lunges. During my last set of RL’s, I wondered…. Is my form correct, am I lifting too much or not enough? I always hear K&D in my head with their mantra “last 3 reps should be the hardest.” (For reference, Sumos 120 lbs x 3, RL, started at 70 lbs with 10 on each side and ended at 90 lbs 3rd set- both exercises I was able to complete 15 reps for both).

After that, I did 4 sets on leg press- started at 90 lbs and 4th set, finished at 220 lbs, 13 reps. Finally the quads and hami’s (4 sets for quads, 3 for the hami's, 15 reps each) and finished with the glute thrust at 110lbs, 3 sets, 15 reps. And abs. Day before I did 30 minutes UB with Powerblocks and ran 4 miles.

Question for the trainers, is this too much, just right, not enough or should I incorporate other exercises? I am 55 YO.

And…. Back to my original question… anyone else out there like me who is interested in being able to have a bit more interaction with the FB trainers not just geared to an FB workout or program? Perhaps a FB “Concierge” membership? I would sign up.

Throwing this idea out there and curious if anyone else has thought this?

Thanks for reading!

Anne