Perspiration Pals 29 September 2023

Hello Pals! First things first, thank you very much for your birthday wishes. You made my day yesterday. It’s another sunny and warm day here. I took a day off work today to have a nice long weekend. I still have a few days off/vacation days left for this year, by the way, what’s the British equivalent of a vacation day…? I mostly speak British English but I also watch a lot of American shows and films so sometimes I use the American expression because it’s more familiar.

Since I didn’t have to get up early I worked out at my preferred time of the day which is around 9 a.m. My balance is a lot better, I’m more focused, I even feel stronger and much more rested than at 5 a.m., which is not that surprising, I think. Anyway, I finished Stronger with Brian so thank you Brian for making me stronger. You know sometimes we just keep working out and going about our day without realising that we ARE actually getting stronger. I don’t really know which program to do next but I’ll figure it out over the weekend. How about you? What are you planning to schedule next?

Let’s move on to our fact finder fragment then. I’ve mentioned about a thousand times that I work out early in the morning and I’ve probably mentioned that one of the things I like about getting up early when it’s still dark outside is the fact that I can see the starry sky. I open the window and try to find at least one planet (I can see Venus and Jupiter at around 5 a.m.) and one constellation. So I thought this FFF could be about the strangest phenomena in the universe. Did you know 55 Cancri e, discovered in 2004, is a planet in the Milky Way that is at least one-third diamond? It orbits around its host star, 55 Cancri found about 40 light-years from Earth in the Cancer constellation. Being so close to its host star, about 25 times closer than Mercury is to the Sun, the surface temperature reaches 5,100°C (9200°F) making it uninhabitable. And precious, apparently. Did you know that Sagittarius B2, a giant molecular cloud of gas and dust found about 390 light years from the center of the Milky Way, contains huge amounts of ethyl formate. Ethyl formate, a chemical compound, is responsible for giving this behemoth the smell of raspberries and rum. A nice cocktail in the restaurant at the end of the universe. (If you recognise this reference, you’ll get five FFF points)

I’ve just realised that I’ve accidentally written a short novel here so that’s it for today, Pals, Happy Friday everybody!