N

Program Complete - FBFIT30 (my thoughts & journey)

Hi all,

I completed FBFIT30! :) My second program since FB Sweat in April 2019.

I started the program on Aug 14 and ended it on Sep 21. I had some personal situation that I was dealing with and allowed myself to stretch or go for walks those days for about a week; resumed as soon as I felt fully present.

Thoughts on my journey:

Beating the All-or-nothing attitude: I started very hard; I had added runs every day, cut sugar, was tracking cals, weighing everyday, and was going hard each day. At the end of two weeks, I felt burnt out because I wasn't listening to my body. I took it easy for a week, stopped tracking calories, and ate intuitively. I was surprised that I didn't sway the other extreme and eat mindlessly. Once recovered, I felt strong enough to resume and maintain consistency.

Even though I had missed days, instead of quitting the program and jumping to another new program, I stuck with it and trusted the process.

Consistency: By choosing the shorter workout or making swaps in case needed (because of equipment) I was able to complete the program instead of skipping days. I appreciate these features!

Mindset: There is a major shift in how I view my fitness and nutrition choices in 4 weeks - I eat to nourish myself and sometimes to celebrate food (there is so much culture attached to it, a variety of tastes, effort from farm to table - so I learned to enjoy food instead of massive restriction)

Recovery days: In the past, I'd always skip a cooldown and rush OR skip recovery days. I really enjoyed the last recovery workout in the program - was a real treat and I have now understood that rest is just as important!

The program: I loved the flexible structure, mix of modalities (pilates, cardio, hiit, strength, recovery, mobility), and trainers - I never got bored and felt like I have worked on my fitness holistically!

I am the same weight but sharing some non-scale victories :

- I am less winded while walking, have more stamina to do things at the end of a day, my focus is better, my posture is better, my skin and hair health have improved, mentally - I've been kinder to myself and see fitness as a lifestyle. I stopped weighing myself and I'm focusing on the process. It's a lifestyle!

- There used to be a high-raised platform on a bridge near my house (like a viewing point) that I could never climb onto - just did it the other day! First time in seven years and then lay there and enjoyed watching the stars!

- I feel an improvement in muscle tone, still a long way to go, but I have been taking pics. I will post some as I go further in my journey!

I just began FB Strong2 and hit workout complete on Day 1 today! :)

Thanks for reading!

Edited