Perspiration Pals 21 September 2023

Hello Pals! It’s a late start again because I was busy this morning. Happy little Friday, by the way. I’m looking forward to the weekend as usual but based on the weather forecast it’s going to rain… it hasn’t rained for a while now so I shouldn’t complain but I will anyway. Noooo. I don’t want it to rain. All right, let’s move on to exercise.

I did yet another upper-body routine this morning. I know it’s not very wise but my quads are still sore plus I didn’t have the energy to swap either of the scheduled routines. So I was just going with the flow. And Nicole. My upper body doesn’t seem to mind though… which is interesting. I mean it should be pretty sore because I kept pushing myself but it probably thinks I’m the she Hulk or something. Just anger and strength. (OK, some mild muscle soreness too)

Moving on to our fact finder fragment, I have to ask you. Did you know that a silverback gorilla could deadlift 816 kg (1,800 lbs)? They are huge and strong so I’m not that surprised. I love gorillas. Completely unrelated but did you know that the man who invented pop-up advertisements deeply regrets it and says he’s very sorry? He’s not forgiven. There. Also, did you know that roosters have built-in earplugs, so they don’t deafen themselves when they crow? Researchers discovered that when roosters open their jaw to crow, their outer ear canals close up, essentially giving them natural earplugs.

Anyway, I need to go back to work now so bye Pals, have an easy day and don’t forget that the autumnal equinox is on Saturday.