Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FREE Workout! Total Body Strength and Cardio

Hi FB Fam!

I hope you are having a great week and ready to work your body in my newest strength and cardio routine — complete with a cameo from my furry companion, Molly!

Total Body Strength and Cardio

This 31-minute workout has a warm-up, a cool-down, and two water breaks. The body of the workout is about 18 minutes long. We will work through three groups of exercises that combine strength and cardio and simultaneously work the upper body, lower body, and core. Depending on the weights you choose, this routine could range in difficulty from a 2/5 to a 5/5. I use 5 lbs/2.3 kg throughout, but feel free to use whatever weight(s) you would like for your workout! Just make sure you have the proper form!

One of my favorite things about this routine is that you can use weight to build strength and cardio endurance or forego the weights and just move your body! It all depends on what your intention is for the day. Using either the same or a few different weights can challenge your body and make the routine a little more difficult. On the other hand, if you are at the beginning of your fitness journey, shaking off some cobwebs, or looking for an active recovery you can go through this entire workout without lifting a single weight. 

In other news, fall is upon us! I hope everyone had a great summer. I got to do some traveling and visit with family. But now I am ready for cooler temps, fall foliage, and my favorite, FOOTBALL! I grew up in Ohio, which is a pretty big football state, and from pre-season in August to the Super Bowl in February, there was always a football game on the TV. Though my heart belongs to college football (Go Bucks!), I enjoy NFL games, too! What is your favorite thing about fall? What are you looking forward to most?

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda