Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bodyweight Active Recovery with Extended Cool-Down

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release is an active recovery workout that should elicit the same sense of calmness experienced after a long exhale or a gentle hug:

Bodyweight Active Recovery Circuit

The 10 exercises in the dynamic movement circuit contain elements of balance, mobility, and low intensity strength to prepare your muscles for deeper lengthening and relaxation during the 12-minute cool-down that ends the workout. Feel free to repeat this dynamic circuit before moving onto the cool-down if you need a little extra warmth in your muscles. Remember, the purpose of an active recovery workout is to give your muscles, tendons, and joints an opportunity to reap the healing benefits of low intensity/low impact movement by increasing restorative blood flow to physically taxed areas of the body. You don’t want to feel beaten to a pulp during your active recovery workouts and these routines should help you return to more intense training with ease.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve come to really appreciate my active recovery workouts, especially as a hybrid athlete who focuses on both increased speed for running and increased strength during my lifts (among the many other sub-focuses I have for my training, haha). I complete my active recovery workouts and feel so fulfilled for the day knowing that I’m giving my body the movement it needs to safely recover and come back healthy/strong for my “heavy-hitter” training sessions. Active recovery is training, too!

I hope you enjoy this routine and super calm Tasha! Comment with your favorite dynamic move and/or stretch below.

See you on the screen!

-Tasha