HKS (Healthy Kind Support) Accountability Group September 15th

Happy Friday, Blenderz! What has everyone planned this weekend? Adventures, rest and relaxation, that deep clean of the kitchen I've been putting off? I'm going to visit my parents and I'm a bit stressed about it. The discussion always comes back to when am I getting married and when am I having kids and it leaves both me and my mom frustrated.

The truth is we don't see ourselves ever having kids and we could go get married tomorrow but it comes with the expectation of a huge party that is just not our style. The fact that our wedding would be the first time my partner's parents have met in over 10 years also fills me with dread.

Anyway, I was trying to look for a proper quote to start the thread so I don't depress you with nihilistic beers again and this one popped up. The internet seems to attribute it to Sir Pterry but there is no clear source. It sounds like it could come from Terry Pratchett though, so let's pretend.

What mistakes did you make in your lives that you learned and became wiser from? For me, off the top of my head, it was putting too much of myself into my job. I now realize corporations eat people and have no loyalty toward their employees, so they aren't owed any either.

Between planning your weekend and philosophizing, are you going to get a workout in or is it a rest day? For me it was Brian's latest back and biceps workout and a quick HIIT finisher with Tasha. I am really starting to enjoy pure strength workouts and Brian's calm encouragement.

Inge made me crave mashed potatoes in the other thread so I will probably have some for dinner, if I manage to go and buy potatoes. I also had cake for breakfast because my baker friend is back to her shenanigans. Otherwise, no idea, fruit and veggies will appear somewhere I'm sure. What about your meals, anything exciting planned?

Finally, for my book update. In a surprising twist of events I am reading a very concept focused SF, which I usually avoid because characters are important to me. The world is interesting and creative enough that I am still reading it but I have no idea if I'll end up liking it.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1126719.House_of_Suns

I am certainly liking it more than the one I read before, which I found predictable, like it somehow dragged while also skipping over a lot of stuff and had one of the most infuriating characters I've read in a long time.

Do not recommend, avoid at all costs (ignore me if you read and liked it, we all connect with different stories): https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62327255-the-paris-daughter

Ok, that is all. If you've made it this far, I can only thank you and wish a great day and weekend!

Edited