HKS (Healthy Kind Support) Accountability Group September 14th

Hello beautiful Blenders,

I jump right in. The quote is meant the other way around. I don't want to inspire anyone with my stories, because my current situation isn't very inspiring. But maybe this great community has some valuable insides, ideas, tips on what I could do.

I presume that I come across as if I were very confident with a lot of self esteem. That isn't quite the case or it depends very much on my well being. Of course I have my struggles and at the moment it doesn't go too well for me.

As you might remember I had quite a journey during COVID lock-downs. I changed my entire eating behavior and what I ate. I started to work out smarter and took very good care of myself. The result was that I lost a lot of weight and I never felt stronger, fitter, healthier and under control of my eating behavior back then. Well, last year was very challenging for me. A lot of good but also very exhausting things happened. And with that my eating behavior slowly changed again. I took less care of myself and the thoughts about food and cravings started to creep in again. The result is that I gained quite a bit of weight back. And I feel everything but confident or happy in my body anymore. I know it isn't as bad as it used to be. But I also know it could be better. Unfortunately in my case healthy eating behaviour, healthy thoughts in the context of food, taking good care of myself and feeling confident are strongly correlated with my weight. Gaining weight shows that my mind is no longer in tune with my body and its needs. It is a reflection of my bad eating habits. And that makes life very exhausting because the days are getting dominated by thoughts and cravings regarding unhealthy foods. I feel like I don't want to move that much anymore, I just want to hide, which is reflected in my clothes that's getting wider and wider to hide my body, and I stop talking to people and avoid events. As I mentioned, it isn't as bad as it was when I was younger. But I'm moving in this direction again. And it makes me sad, because I know it could be better. I have all the tools to take good care of myself, to respect my needs and body signals, but for some reason I can't reproduce what I learned the last few years.

So here I am. Reaching out and asking you if you have any advice, because I have the feeling of sitting there and observing how my achievements are crumbling down. And I have no clue how to stop this or even reverse it.

Sorry for my long post. If you made it till here. Thanks for reading.

Now over to you. What are your plans for today? Is a workout on the menu? Please share.

Wishing you all that your day just sparkles ✨