HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 8th

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone, and Happy Friday! I am taking this Friday slot from Julia so I hope I can find something of interest to say.

Since this thread traditionally starts with a quote, I thought you would all be amused by this rather philosophical beer can. This kind of attitude is why I don't mess with IPAs, a beer shouldn't make me contemplate existence in this way. It's not wine, after all, the presumption!

I will deftly switch the subject to the upcoming weekend by asking if any of you will partake in any special beverages, adult or otherwise, or if you have anything excited planned. We already know Julia's weekend will be full of excitement, as her daughter is getting married. Congratulations to the happy couple. As we say in Romania, may their house be made of stone (so it won't crumble)!

I'm going to Poland on a work trip on Sunday and I'm sure there will be alcohol at some point but I won't have more than a drink as I need my wits about me so I don't strangle any of the colleagues I don't like. It's actually only one colleague but I was taught not to point fingers so I'm being diplomatic.

What about workouts? What about food? I am taking a break from working out today but most definitely not from food so if you have any inspiration to share, I am all ears and growly stomach.

I will also be inviting you to share any interesting books you've been reading. We've had some interesting discussions in past threads and I get anxiety from having less than 100 books on my TBR. Whatever will I do if I finish all the books? I've been on a fantasy kick lately and I am currently reading "The Goblin Emperror" by Katherine Addison. It's a more realistic than usual ook at what would happen if the unfavoured and unprepared son were to suddenly take the throne, with some fantasy and steampunk twists.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17910048-the-goblin-emperor?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=MPmSoSo5ux&rank=1

Ok, I've rambled enough and I need to jump on a call so catch you all later. Have a great day, everyone!

Edited