Perspiration Pals 7 September 2023

Hello Pals! Happy little Friday, everyone! It’s another bright sunshiny day and I’m not mad about it. My ragweed allergy, on the other hand, is slightly mad… I mean I haven’t had to take allergy meds for years but now I’m quite tempted as my palate is itchy, my nose is bunged up and I have to keep forcing my eyes to stay open. That last part is not due to allergies but the to the fact that my circadian rhythm and my working hours are so out of sync they can’t even meet at the corner for a quick chat.

Anyway, I started the day with a nice upper-body routine with Tasha and I thought I’d have sore muscles but so far so good. Or bad. Or neutral. I don’t know.

Let’s move on to our fact finder fragment because I’m rushed again… If I don’t start the thread before 8 a.m., it’s almost impossible to find the right time at work. There’s always a new task and VERY urgent task coming in. (that ‘very’ is supposed to express annoyance and/or disbelieve)

Did you know that nutmeg is a hallucinogen? If you ingest nutmeg in large doses, it works like a hallucinogen due to a natural compound called myristicin. But who on earth would ingest nutmeg in a large dose, I wonder. Also, did you know that ketchup used to be used as a medicine? Back in the early 1800s, people thought tomatoes had medicinal qualities. One doctor claimed they could treat diarrhoea and indigestion, so he made a recipe for a type of tomato ketchup which then became a pill. Did you know that farmed salmon is dyed pink? Wild salmon is naturally pink because of all the shrimp they eat. Meanwhile, farm-raised salmon have a different diet and end up being white. However, they are fed specific plant pigments to get the same hue as wild salmon.

All right, Pals, have a nice day and be good. If you can.