Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Anterior Upper Body Cluster Sets

Hey, all! Who enjoyed the first cluster sets workout I shared? I’m bringing you another one but for the upper body! 

Anterior Upper Body Cluster Sets

In this workout, we’re going to emphasize strength and muscle building for the anterior muscles of the upper body (chest, biceps, shoulders, abdominals) and use a cluster set format to get it done! Cluster training takes one longer interval and breaks it up with small rests so shorter work periods, or clusters, are formed. The benefit results in an overall longer duration of work while maintaining the same output. I encourage you to go into this routine lifting weights you typically would for each exercise and if you find that form starts to suffer, you can lighten the load for the following sets. I also love that this format allows us bite-sized opportunities to push past plateaus and go heavier, too! 

This 46-minute workout is rated a 4 in difficulty due to it being a more advanced strength training approach with increased time under tension. As always, you’re in full control of your weight selections to make this an attainable and empowering workout for yourself! 

For all the specific details and to see a workout recommendation for evening out the rest of your upper body muscles in the days following this workout, head to the write-up! 

xxErica