HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group September 5th

Good Tuesday morning! It’s day 2 of high heat and humidity here. We may reach 41°C/106°F with the Humidex factor. If I stay in front of the 2 fans we have set up in the living room, I’m ok.

Our landlord is conducting the annual fire alarm inspection today around midday. I hate being alone when we have such visits, as Loki is very protective and barks and growls. At least when David is there, I can retire to the bedroom with Loki. I’ll do my best to keep him calm.

I was watching a video a couple of days ago where someone mentioned the quote above. So simple and yet it really got me thinking (that’s the point, right?). It’s not that I can’t do walkdowns/inchworms, it’s that I can’t do them well and get very far with my arms. It’s not that I can’t do downward dog, it’s that I can’t hold the position for very long. So I decided that I will stop always bypassing those exercises, and others that I find difficult, when they come up in workouts. Only with practice can I get better at them. Do you have an exercise that you struggle with? Or one that you could not do and in time, have mastered?

My upper body is still very sore from Sunday’s workout and yesterday’s housecleaning, so I will keep day 2 of the Reboot challenge for later in the week and move on to day 3, which is pilates with Amanda. She may get me to like pilates.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day! 🙂