Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Total Body Active Recovery

Hello there! Today we’ve got a low-expectation recovery workout: 

Total Body Active Recovery

In total, this 36-minute level 2 routine is broken into 3 parts: a warm-up, a light toning workout, and total body stretching (this will feel like an extended cool-down). For the 16-minute active recovery toning, we focus on larger ranges of motion to rejuvenate the muscles and bring blood flow to your entire system. We stay away from working muscle groups back-to-back in light of this. 

For this toning section, you have the option to follow along with me in using very light weights (I would not recommend using more than 3 lbs/1.3 kg or this section will start to feel like a level 3). There is no pressure to use any weights at all though, focus on what feels most beneficial for you! The idea is to move at a gentle moderate pace, fully engaging with your mind-body connection and checking in with the state of your body. This will continue throughout the stretching portion where we have a chance to spend more time than usual lengthening our muscles. 

I want to reiterate how important it is to pause for lighter movement days (not that it is easy!). It’s imperative to restore our muscles so we can reach the goals we’re after! 

See you there :) 

xxErica