Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Kettlebell-Inspired Total Body Cardio and Strength

Hey FB Fam!

I have a new kettlebell-inspired workout for you (don’t worry, you can use dumbbells too!):

Kettlebell-Inspired Low-Impact Cardio and Strength

With combination and power-based movements, this workout is fun, efficient, and sweaty. My original intention when creating it was to make it a weighted cardio workout but, with the use of kettlebells, we naturally bring in a strength component. So, my option for you today is to pick your own adventure! Want more of a cardiovascular effect? Choose light to moderate weights and move with speed. Want more of a strength/cardio duo? Choose heavier weights that challenge you.

Working with kettlebell-style moves is one of my favorite ways to exercise — something about working multiple muscle groups in a coordinated way is such a fun challenge! For the main part of our workout, we’ve got 3 circuits of 3 exercises, performed for 40 seconds on / 10 seconds off. The short rest periods keep us moving and the heart rate elevated. 

I hope you leave this feeling just as strong, empowered, and sweaty as me. While the complexity of the movements make this ideal for an intermediate to advanced exerciser, if you’re newer to kettlebell training, I encourage you to try this! We’ve all gotta start somewhere. Just use light weights and practice the form along with me. 

Let’s go swing some KB’s (or DB’s) around!

Nicole