Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Unilateral Core Supersets

Hey folks! I’m bringing you a new add-on style workout today: 

Unilateral Core Supersets

Being 26 minutes in total, this routine will pair well with many other workouts and activities, so long as the abs/core weren’t previously heavily worked. Our primary focus will be on core stability and strength while bettering coordination and balance. Other fun details to note are that this workout takes place entirely on the floor (no standing!) and is bored easily style as well. 

Overall, this routine is rated a level 3, but I love that there are some opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone (of course, with modifiers available!). In the write-up I share guidance on how to both keep this feeling like a level 3 or bump it up to more of a level 4 - you choose! In this routine, it will most likely be form and stability capabilities that determine the level at which we can complete something. We want to find that blend of mind-body respect and balance!

Also, I may just be introducing a new animal exercise to you in the warm-up :) It’s called crocodile breathing. Not only is this a good practice to know for everyday breathing in general, but it’s important to get in touch with our breath and core engagement before honing in on core movements. Enjoy! 

xxErica