Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Plus Workout: Bored Easily Pilates for Upper Body and Thighs

Hi FB Fam!

I hope you are having a great week and are ready for this fun Pilates superset routine. Though short, this workout targets your upper body, lower body, and even challenges your balance!

Bored Easily Pilates for Upper Body and Thighs

This routine has 12 exercises with no repeats, where we work for 50 seconds on and 10 seconds off. This is more of an add-on routine, so no warm-up or cool-down. However, if you have worked out with me before, you know you can always use my add-on routines as standalone workouts!

I like this routine because each exercise is done standing up; it targets your strength, coordination, and balance, and you can choose how much weight to use, if any! You can always use a can of soup if you don't have any weights. If that feels too heavy, no worries! Try this routine a handful of times over the course of a month, and then try the soup cans again. I bet you will notice a difference!

Speaking of noticing a difference, I recently had an "aha" moment I would like to share. I have always had difficulty feeling my inner thighs work in positions like a wide 2nd position plié, wide squat, sumo squat, whathaveyou. Turns out, I was not bringing my knees out far enough to where my inner thighs could engage. Meaning my knees were tracking toward the inside of my big toes instead of being in line with my second toes. Why wasn't I bringing my knees out far enough? My hips were tight, and bringing my knees out that far always felt awkward. So, after working on some hip mobility, I can now get my knees in line with my second toes in a wide second position and FINALLY feel my inner thighs kick in! The moral of the story is don't get discouraged about your body; get curious.

Thanks for working out with me!

-Amanda