Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Functional Cardio Core

Hey, all! I hope you’re having a great week! 

Functional Cardio Core

Our new workout today combines the world of core stability with a cardio effect by completing low-impact supersets. Although half of the workout will incorporate standing abs to some extent, the other half will be down on the floor/mat as we alternate between the two within each superset. I intentionally did this for 2 reasons which you can read about in the write-up! 

Core functionality = working this region within the whole kinetic chain, training the body to work safely and effectively in everyday movements. Regularly infusing this work into your fitness routine will bring on better posture, greater range of motion, and a newfound confidence in everyday activities. 

There really are no limits when it comes to the difficulty of core stability movements. We definitely have some complexity in the 36-minute workout portion of our routine, but I thoroughly share modifications throughout so you can choose your own level of “hard”. That level will look different for each of us and may even change with each exercise! 

As with any other standing abs or core stability workout, it’s imperative that we first learn and practice how to properly engage our core and stay connected to it the whole time. I take some time to explain this in the workout, but I highly recommend you read (and practice) the section of the write-up that explains it in greater detail so you can get the most out of your time on the clock while we work out! 

And most importantly… Let’s have some fun :) 

xxErica