Perspiration Pals 17 August 2023

Hello Pals! Based on yesterday’s replies, most of you banished ironing from your lives which is good news because it’s one of the most boring chores you can come up with. I still do it because my shirts would look as if I had wrenched them out of a puppy’s mouth.

Anyway, let’s move on to something different. I did Day 4 of the Blend Trial which, in my case at least, was a core and lower-body routine with Erica. As usual, it was tougher than it seemed. I was a bit surprised to see that there’s another lower-body routine scheduled for tomorrow. I mean I did one on Tuesday so tomorrow should be upper-body day… And it will be because there’s no way I’m gonna torture my lower body again this week.

Moving on, I found another slightly crazy activity: contact juggling. Can you juggle? I wouldn’t even try because what I’m very good at is dropping things. I can drop things like a champ. Just out of the blue. One moment I’m holding the thing and the next moment it succumbs to gravity. So juggling is really, really not for me. Contact juggling is an art form which can be quite intense, both for the performer and the audience. The object(s) used, usually glass balls, appear to effortlessly glide across the hands, arms and shoulder of the person juggling with them. There are several moves you can learn. So if you want to show off at a party, learn contact juggling.

Duty calls so see you later, Pals.