HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 14th 🦗

Hello Blendfriends. It's Monday again. Here It's a beautiful cool morning. I've got windows wide open, so I can hear the crickets chirping as the city goes about its morning business.

I've found a quote to go with a beautiful morning:

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." (Marcus Aurelius)

There's a bird in the photo in honor of CK's daughter ☺️

The summer schedule at work will end soon, so mornings like this are indeed a precious privilege! I will miss the four-day weeks when the regular schedule comes back in the fall. But morning is still my "me time", when I can breathe the cool air and do my workout, whatever it might be for the day. Even though I've been stepping back from lifting and harder workouts while I've got this back pain, I am cultivating my workout habits by doing stretching workouts during that time. I might add in some gentle cardio today.

We've finally got a sunny day in the forecast, so I can do some laundry. And if I have the time and energy, I'll make végépâté. Eventually I will try my hand at tomatoes in the dehydrator. I made a small batch of slow-roasted tomatoes last year and they were divine, but they take a long time in the oven and everything smells of tomato for hours.

I hope you're all starting the week off well. May your workouts bring energy, may your resting soothe you in body and soul, and may all your food be easy, healthy and delicious. Especially the chocolate.

Just a reminder -- everyone's welcome to read and post on the check-in threads, we're always happy to hear from you.