HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 8th

Good Tuesday morning! We’ll have another rainy day here. No need to water the flowers on our balcony. We lucked out this year, they’re lush and overflowing.

I was having a conversation with David on Sunday about taking better care of ourselves and each of us needing to lose weight for better health. He mentioned that he lacked motivation, and it reminded me of the quote above, and how you can’t rely on motivation alone to get things done. Discipline is needed for those days when motivation isn’t there.

That’s the principle behind my goal of not rescheduling any workouts this month. So far so good. Are you the type of person who doesn’t need motivation to get a workout or a task done? Do you consider that you have self discipline in most areas of your life?

Today will be a new-to-me short pilates with bands workout from Amanda. So far I’ve enjoyed her pilates workouts and I think it’s because she doesn’t have us spend too much time on our knees. I really dislike kick backs, leg raises, hip cars and fire hydrants. I’ll add a stretching workout for the lower body, because I feel tight, especially in my hips.

Wishing everyone a great day! 🙂