Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Lower Body Metabolic Conditioning

Hey everyone! I’ve been seeing a lot of love on the two metabolic conditioning (MetCon) workouts that are already out so I thought why not make another and hone in on a specific area?

Lower Body MetCon

As a little refresher, metabolic conditioning is a high-intensity anaerobic workout utilizing compound exercises to target large muscle groups. This results in more heavily taxing the body's energy expenditure and increases metabolic rate (how many calories the body burns at rest). It's used to maximize muscle gain while increasing fat loss, and therefore, combines elements of strength and endurance as you will find in this lower body workout!

For the workout, we complete 3 circuits of 3 exercises, each circuit is completed 2x. The first 2 exercises are strength-based using dumbbells and the third adds a bodyweight cardio element. Combining strength and cardio in this routine turns the sweat up fast! I love that no matter what way you approach this routine, you’ll be in for a satisfying workout. The write-up shares how to keep it more strength or endurance-focused depending on your goals.

To really finish off the lower body, we end with a booty burnout that you can use an optional resistance loop for. All in all, with the MetCon circuits and booty burnout combined, our total workout time is 25 minutes and the difficulty is a 4 (can become more moderate by lightening your weight selections and slowing your pace throughout the routine).

Be sure to read the full write-up for details on the bunny hop exercise and attitude lifts. We’re going to have some fiery fun — I promise!

xxErica