Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Active Recovery Strength with Dynamic Stretches

Good morning FB Family!

Pick up your light weights and slow down the intensity in this restorative movement routine:

Active Recovery Strength Complex with Dynamic Stretches

The purpose of this workout is to provide restorative blood flow to your body with low intensity movement wedged between higher intensity training efforts; therefore, you don’t need to challenge your weight loads, range of motion, or performance during this routine. You will alternate between circuits of progressively mobile, dynamic stretches and three rounds of a five-exercise strength complex, practicing restraint as the workout advances and your body becomes increasingly nimble. You will feel as if you can lift much heavier weights than the light weights recommended for the complex, especially as your muscles grow warmer throughout the routine – fight the urge to pick up the heavier weights!

I incorporate restorative workouts like this one into my periodized training schedule often, especially during the weeks when I downshift my efforts and focus on recovery. I’m still moving my body and including exercises that are similar to those that are part of my higher intensity training efforts, but these routines are completed at a lower intensity with lighter weights, a slower cadence, and increased intervals of rest.

I’m always interested in hearing what you have to say! Are restorative workouts like this helpful for you? And are you fully able to downshift the intensity without picking up the heavier weights?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha