Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! 20 min of Strength + 20 min of Cardio Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

This one’s a fun one! We start out with 20 minutes of strength and finish the workout with 20 minutes of cardio for a mini sweat-fest of weights, smiles, and some hopping:

Total Body 20/20 Strength and Cardio Circuits

The workout is rated as a level 3 because it is highly modifiable to fit your current fitness needs and preferences; therefore, if you lift heavy (for you) during the strength segment and choose most of the exercise progressions, your efforts could very well feel like a level 4 intensity. We start with strength to give you the opportunity to lift heavy without being too tired from any cardio efforts. Treat the cardo segment as a moderate intensity endeavor, aiming to keep your heartrate elevated but manageable!

This routine is a great option for those days when we have a little extra time for training and/or want to combine our strength work and cardio efforts in one session. I love combining strength and cardo efforts, especially if I’m also training for running performance. When I taught in-person classes, I used to teach a class that included 20 minutes of strength, 20 minutes of cardio, and finished with 20 minutes of core…maybe a version of this class with 10-minutes of training for each focus would be kind of fun for the FB family?

Let us know how you enjoy the routine! Thoughts, reactions, recommendations for other strength/cardio combos? I love to read it all!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha