Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! 70-Minute Level 5 Strength and Cardio Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

Yes, you read the title correctly – today’s workout release is 70 minutes of fun times! Start with 30 minutes of strength supersets and finish with 30 minutes of endurance-length cardio intervals:

Total Body 30/30 Strength & Cardio Circuits

The length, sequencing of exercises, and overall format make this workout a level 5 effort; however, you can adjust your weight selections, exercise progressions/regressions, and effort levels to either increase or decrease the intensity level to match your preferences and training needs of the day. We start with strength to give you the opportunity to lift heavy (for you) without cardiovascular pre-fatigue. Aim to keep your heartrate elevated but manageable during the cardio segment, slowing your cadence or opting for an exercise modification to keep the intensity below HIIT levels (this is not a high intensity interval training segment!). Make sure to read through the write-up for a few tips on workout preparation as well as how to navigate the workout to ensure a positive, effective experience! 

Trust me, although lengthy with many components this workout will fly by quicker than you know it! I rarely train for over 45 minutes (unless I’m training for long-distance races), so workouts like this one test my stamina and mental capacity for staying dialed in to uncomfortable efforts for long periods of time. Despite the myriad of questionable facial expressions and exclamations of tiredness throughout the video, I truly enjoyed filming this workout!

Make sure to account for recovery time after you complete this routine. You might need a day or two of restorative movement afterwards to feel energized and ready to move on to your next training session – totally normal!

I’m very interested to know how this workout goes for you – make sure to comment below and/or on the workout page! Do we want to see more strength/cardio combos like this?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha