A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Days 3 and 4 of Meal Prepping not Eating Out

Full disclosure: ended up signing up for a new Doordash account and getting bubble tea. It was a really stressful week and I was done/had little sleep. But I was out of control drinking the tea and went through 2 large drinks really fast. I was full, so I didn't have dinner, and of course, stayed up very late last night. And felt horrible - I feel much better eating healthier. And it's cheaper, too!

Today, I woke up in the mood for cooking - that really helps me, and ironically, I've been doing low-carb without really thinking of it.

The egg casserole I made is almost expiring, so I'm freezing it. And I have some food in the fridge that I need to cook:

1. Spinach 2. Chicken 3. Bell Pepper 4. Lettuce 5. Pico de Gallo 6. Sour Cream

None of them will go bad for a couple of days - I used chatgpt to come up with recipes, and they were all horrible. What I might do is get groceries for the week and come up with something else to make; the only thing I could make is with those ingredients is a chicken salad, at least without more ingredients.

Today, I want to meal prep the following:

Breakfast; Egg Casserole

Lunch/Dinner: Grilled Chicken Meditarrean Salad: https://cafedelites.com/grilled-lemon-herb-mediterranean-chicken-salad-recipe/

Snacks: Egglife wrap with almond butter, strawberries, and rasberries

Lunch/Dinner; Egglife Meditarrean Wrap with Tzaiki Sauce, Pico de Gallo, Cucumber, lettuce, spinach... What I could do is make a mix of Tzaiki with Pico de Gallo in a bowl, add some Harissa, chopped cucumber, jalepeno/garlic sauce - then I can put that on the wrap, then apply the chicken and vegetables, roll it, then heat it up throughout the week!

It's really hot and I'm figuring out that I probably need to just cook ahead of time instead of trying to cook every day - that never works for me. Much easier to cook one time a week, clean one time a week, and then run the dishwasher at the end of the week with all the plates from eating.

And for drinks: coconut water, black tea in a bottle if I need caffeine (unsweetened), and lots and lots of water.

I'm also doing a "challenge" for myself of doing all of Amanda's Pilates and barre workouts from oldest to newest, combined with Nicole's resistance band arm workout 1-2x a week and resistance band glute burnouts. I'm giving myself 1-2 months to do it. Once I finish that, I'll move on to Daniel's Pilates workouts for a month and do resistance band arm workouts on/off.

It's literally 89 degrees inside right now, so not in the mood to sweat more than I need to!