Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Cardio HIIT with Active Recovery Strength

Good morning FB Family!

Today’s workout release will fly by! You get the best of both worlds with cardio HIIT (high intensity interval training) exercises alternated with active recovery strength moves:

Cardio HIIT with Active Recovery Strength

The active recovery strength exercises are entirely optional, but help minimize the range of heartrate responses between your intense efforts and recovery intervals, to make easing into each working interval a bit easier than restarting from complete rest (at least that’s the theory — according to my facial expressions in the video, I’m still on the fence about this assertion). Feel free to mix and match your recovery efforts with rest and movement to maximize your performance during the work intervals. Remember, HIIT requires a maximum effort to be fully effective; however, you can still moderate the intensity to meet whatever training preferences you have for the day.

Honestly, one of my most prominent memories from filming this workout was the random dog hairs from my niece, Lily the pug, that I kept encountering on the floor. I loved the workout format and pushing myself to take on increasingly challenging versions of each exercise in each circuit but I put equal amounts of effort into telling myself to not blurt out pug fur commentary. Apparently, I couldn’t hold it in forever because I’m writing about the fur in this post.

Enjoy the workout and know that like with any other progressively challenging routine, you can opt out of the exercise progressions and commit to earlier versions of each move. What do you say? Do you enjoy workouts like this with increasingly challenging versions of each exercise? Should I create more routines like this?

See you on the screen!

-Tasha