Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Chest and Back Circuits with Abs Intermissions

Hi FB Fam! I’ve got a chest, back, and abs/core strength workout ready for you today!

Chest and Back Circuits with Weighted Abs Intermissions

The chest and back muscle groups are antagonistic to one another, meaning that when one is working, the other gets a break. To bring more variety and value to this workout, I decided to incorporate some weighted abs/core exercises. After all, the front of our midsection greatly supports and back as well as the chest! 

This workout is rated a level 3 in difficulty due to the rather basic and familiar exercises (most of the time!). However, that doesn’t mean it can’t feel much harder; that will be determined by how much you challenge yourself with the weights. Please, do not use weights on the abs/core exercises if your form is suffering! Overall, this will be a wholesome strength and conditioning workout for these 3 regions.

This routine integrates well into a weekly split that also incorporates the shoulders, biceps, and triceps which are often seen in the same workout together. For the first half of this routine, you’ll see me using a bench for the exercises but please know that this is not necessary in order to get an effective workout in! You can always complete the exercises from the floor or by hinging over. In the write-up, I share some personal preference reasons on why I like to use the bench sometimes. 

Here’s to getting stronger and tailoring our focus!

xxErica