Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Bored Easily Lower Body Strength Circuits

Good morning FB Family!

If you’re in the mood for a no repeats style, leg day workout then you’re in luck! Challenge yourself to lift heavy during today’s workout release knowing that you only complete each exercise once:

Bored Easily Lower Body Strength Circuits

You will alternate between weighted and bodyweight circuits, targeting similar lower body muscle groups throughout the routine to mimic standard weightlifting workouts with repeating sets of exercises. With the 20-second rest intervals between exercises during the weighted circuits, this is a great workout to practice improving your grip strength! After all, one of the best ways to increase your grip strength is lifting incrementally heavier weights. Even if you can’t hold onto your challenging weight load for an entire work interval, the practice of starting out with your goal weights and holding onto them for increasing amounts of reps during the work interval will improve your ability to carry heavier loads for extended periods of time. Start with your heaviest weights and then take postural breaks (put the weights down) and/or switch the weights out for manageable loads once your grip starts to fail.  

This workout was a ton of fun for me to film, even with my mild Achilles tendonitis in my right ankle. No worries – I didn’t push myself beyond my capabilities or safe discomfort. I’ve had recurring Achilles tendonitis for years and have learned which types of movement help with my healing process. Note that although I’m still moving with this injury, sometimes periods of complete rest are essential to recovery! Figuring out the right mix of exercise, restorative movement, and rest will depend on the individual and the injury.

Back to the workout. I made a ton of “special” faces and I hope you make a few as well so that I’m not alone.

Enjoy and let us know how it goes for you!

See you on the screen!

-Tasha