Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Workout! Upper Body Mobility for Desk Workers

Hey FB Fam!

If you work at a desk for most of your day, I’ve got just the routine for you!

Upper Body Mobility for Desk Workers

Whenever I’m deep in workout planning mode or writing, I can spend a lot of time seated at my desk (though I’ve been starting to incorporate a standing desk more frequently!). I don’t know about you, but it’s easy for me to be so deep in my work that I pay little attention to my posture after a little while. By mid-morning I’ve got slouched shoulders and my tailbone is tucked under. Sound familiar?

Over time, our muscles adapt to poor posture which can lead to aches, pains, and muscle imbalances throughout our body. And 1 workout per day is simply not enough to offset the effects of a day's worth of poor posture.

Today’s routine is a short, 10-minute, mobility routine you can do without even leaving your desk. We focus on mobilizing the chest, neck and spine while activating our back muscles. I encourage you to schedule this on your calendar for your next work day. Even if you don’t do the whole routine daily, take a few key exercises and integrate into your workday for a quick posture reset!

Who’s joining me? See you there!

Nicole