HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 10th 🎶

Hello everyone, welcome to a new week!

I hope you are getting off to a good start after the weekend. I got in a lot of walking 👟 this weekend -- went to the closing evening of the Jazz festival 🎶 on Saturday (Jazzfest always involves walking from stage to stage and sometimes skirting the edge of considerable crowds). While we were there, I saw that there would be a Jazz Mass on Sunday, at a church here that is also a concert venue and arts center. The music was with a local professional trio and was even better than I had expected -- I had never heard a jazz combo include a piece with the church's pipe organ. We decided to take a good stroll down by the river after that, so that was yesterday's workout.

Speaking of workouts, here is my thought for the day :

"The beautiful thing about setbacks is they introduce us to our strengths." ~ Robin Sharma

I've had a bit of a setback. This is twice I've done a workout that targets my lower body and core, and twice that it's set off the remainder of my back (re)injury. Today I'll do a good thorough stretch, but I need to rethink my goals. I can't just set myself to "build muscles" again, because I'm not quite there yet. My new plan is going to require the dreaded self-scheduling; I can't expect regular programs to accommodate my specific recovery process, but I'm pretty sure I can find the workouts I need (back "prehab", mobility, targeted strength workouts). Looks like I'm working on my first routine, wish me luck!

And now I'll get on with my morning. We're set to have rain all day, with a possible thunderstorm. ⛈️ This makes me very happy that my in-office day this week is Tuesday rather than my usual Monday. Do you go to an actual physical workplace much these days ? I know some of you are outliers on this, like CK who is on a course right now (and not actually skulking around a library after hours); I'm just curious.