Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New Level 5 Workout! Total Body Drop Sets

Hi everyone! I have a level 5 strength workout for those of you who want to revel in your full capability, push through plateaus, and feel some guaranteed soreness as a result of hard work :) 

Total Body Drop Sets

What are drop sets? They involve doing a set to failure (you feel you can no longer maintain proper form and lift that same weight), grabbing lighter weights, and doing more repetitions to fully exhaust the muscles. Talk about bringing your muscles to their max! This is an advanced weight training technique to improve strength and build lean muscle mass. We will complete 10 compound exercises with this drop set approach. Compound exercises work multiple muscle groups at the same time, bringing on a whole host of benefits (see more on that in the write-up!) and are foundational exercises to become strong in.

Before we get to the drop sets where we’re grabbing heavier weights outside of our norm, we go through the 10 exercises and prime the muscles so they’re fully warmed up and ready for the increased workload that’s to come. In the write-up and in the video itself, I give you great guidance when it comes to choosing weights for each phase (primer set, heavy weights to “failure”, and lighter weights for drop set). 

I found this workout to be surprisingly riveting and it opened me up to new physical and mental capabilities. It’s amazing what happens when we see a new perspective, step outside the box, and tap more into our body/muscles as opposed to gauging our efforts and workload on a timer or defaulting to what we’re used to lifting for each exercise. Even if this level 5 difficulty rating makes you shy away, remember, you don’t need to literally go to failure — you’re always in charge of the weights you’re choosing and how many reps you’re doing! Whatever way you choose to approach it, you’re bound to set off some great #gains! 

You also will notice at first glance that this routine is 50 minutes in total, however, I do a lot of talking to explain weight selections, formatting, etc. The workout itself is 30 minutes! We got this!

xxErica