Returning to working out post-surgery

Hi everyone!

I am a longtime Fitness Blender workout enthusiest but have been recovering from a full hysterectomy. I am now in my 4th week following the procedure. I had the laperoscopic version, so I only had small incisions and have been fortunate to have minimal pain and no major issues in my recovery.

I had my first follow-up with my doctor and I no longer have specific restrictions for lifting. She said it's okay to ease back into exercise, but gave no rules beyond taking it easy. So far I have only tried walking, but my stamina seems pretty good.

I would be interested to hear from others who have completed this procedure and returned to exercise. Which types of workouts did you start with and how did it go? I was thinking maybe some mat type routines could work? Prior to the surgery I was completing FB programs of all varieties although I generally stick with low impact modifications as they are more comfortable for my body.

Thanks in advance and have a great holiday if you are enjoying the weekend here in the US!

Erika