HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 1st 🇨🇦

Good early Saturday morning and Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians! 🇨🇦

This is the first day of the second half of the year. Weeks are starting to be a blur and time is rushing by again. Wish I could slow it down a bit.

So I hadn’t talked much about this but until June 29th, my dad was still looking for a place to live on July 1st, as he could not find an apartment to suit his needs. So I was under a lot of stress trying to help him find a place. I was looking online each day to see if new apartments became available. Eventually my dad agreed to look at retirement homes for autonomous elderly people, but he took too long to make up his mind and we couldn’t find a space that would be ready before his lease was up.

David spoke to his boss and asked if there was anything she could do to help. They too did not have any apartments ready at the residence where he works, nothing until August, but she finally agreed to have him visit one that she could rent to him « as is », meaning they wouldn’t have time re-paint. So we went on Thursday and though my dad went in with a very negative mindset about going to a retirement home, he wound up loving the place and signed a lease. And the apartment is nice as is, better than his current one.

There is still the stress of the actual move, which will be on Tuesday (his current landlord agreed to a few extra days), but at least I know he has a place to stay. I was so relieved that I cried in David’s arms when I came home Thursday. He’s my hero for getting his boss to agree to rent to my dad on such a short notice. And I know David will keep an eye on him, so he’ll be safe. Sometimes things work out for the best.

Moving on, we now start the second half of the year. Do you have any goals that you want to achieve before the end of 2023? I want to get back to working out 5 days a week, after dealing with a bad respiratory virus. I will attempt a HIIT (LIIT) and core workout today and see how that goes. The only way for me to know how my lungs will fare is to put them to the test. If it’s too difficult for me to breathe properly, I will stick with just walking and stretches for a while longer.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day and weekend! 🙂