HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group June 30th ✅🍁

Hello everyone, I'm stepping in for Julia, who is in Belgrade. I was afraid I would forget to post, but here I am, wide awake at 5:30 AM, and I remembered 🙃

Today I'm sharing some wisdom from Storm, who started this thread a few years ago: "Listening to my body is more important than a check on my calendar or completing my to-do list for the day."

Now, don't get me wrong, I love to check off my calendar 😅, but it's been a little tougher in the last month, so I decided to push through. Well, sometimes my body can be a little subtle in its signals, but when I didn't listen yesterday, the sore muscles got a little shouty. Fortunately, I'm feeling much better today! As for to-do lists, Toasty has already remarked that my weekends are a bit full. In the spring and early summer, my to-do lists tend to be a bit overwhelming. Fortunately, it is a three-day-weekend here for Canada Day 🍁, and an extra day always takes the pressure right off. If all goes well, I'm going to be cooking food from my garden, always a pleasure! I want to try variations on garlic scape pesto. I'm thinking arugula, basil, and dried tomato. I'd also like to make some kind of rhubarb streusel, as my rhubarb patch is incredibly productive this year. We'll see, though; I think it's going to be hot. But for now, it's time to go back and get a few more 💤

Have a fabulous FriYay, everyone!